Specialist criminal solicitors and barristers at defending clients with allegations of manslaughter or murder. Top Ranked Law Firm in the field of Crime by The Legal 500 & Chambers.
Manslaughter is a very serious criminal offence which can result in a sentence of life imprisonment. If you have been charged with manslaughter, it is important that you secure your specialist legal defence team as early as possible, so that you receive expert legal advice and representation throughout every stage of the case.
Our lawyers specialise in representing professionals and business owners on private fixed fees. Kang & Co is recognised as a market leader in serious crime and our lawyers frequently appoint and work closely with the most skilled and sought-after barristers, Queens Counsel (QC) and expert witnesses. We provide all our clients with tailored and specialist advice and representation from the early stages of a Police investigation, through to robust representation in the Crown Court.
Our solicitors and barristers have successfully represented many clients charged with manslaughter. If appointed, you will have an experienced legal team supporting you throughout your case, to speak with one of our lawyers, please call us on 03308189847 or complete our Contact Form.
Our law firm is ranked amongst the top tier of law firms in the United Kingdom with a top ranking in the category of Crime (which includes Driving Offence), the highest ranking that can achieved in the Chambers Guide.
The Legal 500 guide describes Kang & Co Solicitors as being “well adept at tailoring its resources to an individual case and investing heavily for the client. Legal advice is honest and the team always takes into consideration the views of the client.”
What is Manslaughter?
Manslaughter is the killing of another person (homicide) but without the intention required for murder. The offence is defined under the following two categories:
- Voluntary Manslaughter
- Involuntary Manslaughter
For a homicide to be categorised as ‘Voluntary Manslaughter’ a defendant must successfully prove one of the following defences to a charge of murder.
- Diminished Responsibility: This is a partial defence for murder and arises if at the time of the incident a defendant suffered an ‘abnormality of the mind’. This type of case is usually classed as voluntary manslaughter due to ‘diminished responsibility’
- Suicide Pact: If a group of people form a ‘suicide pact’ and one or more survive and the others do not, the surviving person(s) would have participated in the death of another person and will usually be charged with voluntary manslaughter.
- Provocation: This is when a person causes the death of another person due to a temporary loss of control / fit of rage due to words or actions which provoked them.
The offence is regarded as involuntary manslaughter if a person kills someone but did not possess the intention to murder or cause Grievous Bodily Harm. This type of conduct falls within two distinct categories:
- Gross Negligence: This would arise if for example a medical professional provides care that was substantially below the required standard expected which resulted in the death of a patient.
- Unlawful Act: This type of involuntary manslaughter occurs if a defendant intentionally did an unlawful and dangerous act from which death inadvertently resulted. Unlawful act manslaughter requires proof that the defendant committed a relevant crime, with the required intent for that crime. The unlawful act must therefore be criminal in nature and must also be dangerous.
Paying Privately for Criminal Defence
We have been covering only private client criminal cases for many years and the benefits to our clients are clear. Our clients receive a much higher level of legal expertise and attention, because they are funding their cases privately. This enables us to dedicate more time and resources in preparing the case, compared with firms that may also offer legal aid. Legal aid lawyers (Duty Solicitors) are often over-worked and are covering more cases than they should, as the nature of their work is not profitable, and this can result in your case not receiving the time and attention it deserves.
Our private client solicitors are specialists in their field, have significant experience and will have dealt with other cases like yours in the past and will know the best strategies to achieve a not guilty verdict.
Advantages of Paying Privately for a Specialist Criminal Defence Lawyer
- Expertise: There are very limited number of law firms throughout the country that only accept criminal cases on a private fee-paying basis, these lawyers will usually only accept such cases because they possess superior legal knowledge and expertise.
- Communication: Paying for legal representation privately will usually result in better and more frequent communication with your Solicitor and Barrister. Lawyers paid privately will usually respond to e-mails and phone calls quickly.
- Preparation: The amount of time a lawyer spends preparing a case and considering the evidence will have an impact upon the result. Paying privately will ensure that the lawyer can spend enough time on case preparation, which will have a positive impact on the overall outcome of the case. We prepare thoroughly for each case.
- Service: Clients that instruct lawyers via private funds will receive a substantially better service than those using legal aid.
- Quality: The overall quality of legal representation from private client solicitors is significantly superior.
- Consistency: We provide all our clients with consistency and continuity, the lawyer dealing with your case will be the same person from start to finish.
We represent the full range of clients from ordinary people, through to high-net worth individuals, business owners, sports personalities and actors. We are instructed by individuals that are in a financial position to pay privately for legal representation and those that appreciate the benefits of doing this, as opposed to using public funding.
We have significant experience in successfully defending:
Consequences of a Criminal Conviction
Our top-rated criminal defence team understand that being prosecuted will have a devastating impact upon your freedom, career, future income and your professional or public profile. For that reason, we leave no stone unturned when it comes to scrutinising the evidence and planning a strong defence strategy.
Our lawyers understand that being prosecuted can be a tough time and your case is a priority for us. Instructing our specialist top-ranked criminal lawyers to represent you will give you the best possible chance of a successful outcome and we will fight your corner to win.
Our solicitors appreciate that if you are a public figure or sports personality, a criminal conviction or even investigation could potentially result in suspension from public office or cancellation of sponsorship/advertising deals. It is, therefore, crucial that you instruct a qualified and specialist criminal defence law firm that has previously represented many high-profile clients and professionals, as this will provide you with the best chance of a not guilty verdict.
The lawyer you choose to instruct to defend your case will have a significant impact upon the direction and outcome of the case, therefore you should take serious consideration when choosing the law firm.
If you are facing a criminal investigation or prosecution, you should seek out the very best lawyers to defend your case, so that you have the best chance of a successful outcome. Our solicitors and barristers are highly experienced and recognised nationally for successfully defending a significant number of high-profile criminal prosecutions throughout England and Wales.
As a specialist private funded criminal defence law firm, we represent clients that are in a financial position to fund their cases privately, as a result our clients do not qualify for Public Funding (Legal Aid) and for that reason we do not undertake any work on Legal Aid.
Our Private Legal Defence Lawyers accept new cases on a Fixed Fee basis, ensuring that our clients know exactly how much their case will cost from the outset.
Private legal representation is not only reserved for the wealthy, many of our clients are ordinary people that require a robust defence team to provide them with the best chance of protecting their reputation and career. If you require more information on the cost of defending your case, speak to one of our solicitors for a free no obligation fee estimate.
We are a Leading National Private Client Criminal Defence Law Firm, that frequently receives 5-star reviews and positive feedback from satisfied clients on Trustpilot, Google Reviews and Yell.
Kang & Co Solicitors are also recognised as a Top Ranked Law Firm for Criminal Law by the prestigious Chambers & Partners legal guide and The Legal 500. This reputation has been developed by providing unrivalled expertise, practical advice, communication, and court advocacy.
If you choose to appoint us to defend your case, we guarantee that you will be provided with the best legal representation available, which in turn will provide you with the best chance of a successful result at Court.
Our Agreed Fees for Private Crime cases start from;
£2,500 + VAT
Birmingham Head Office
1 Victoria Square
330 High Holborn
Milton Keynes Office
Milton Keynes, MK9 1BP