Pre-Charge Advice Lawyers
Our specialist criminal defence solicitors and legal team dispense expert Pre-Charge Advice
If a criminal allegation has been made against you, understandably it can be a very worrying and anxious time. An allegation made to the Police will usually result in the Police investigating the matter further, which can involve an arrest or attendance at a voluntary police interview under caution.
Obtaining specialist pre-charge advice and representation from our private criminal defence solicitors is a crucial element in enhancing the prospects of obtaining a favourable outcome and building the foundation of a robust defence case, which will prove invaluable should the Police / CPS decide to Charge and Prosecute you for the alleged criminal offence.
If you have been asked to attend a voluntary interview, have recently been arrested or are being investigated for a criminal offence, please complete our Contact Form or call us on 03308189837 for an initial telephone assessment of your case and the cost of pre-charge advice.
Call Our Solicitors
Our law firm is ranked amongst the top tier of law firms in the United Kingdom with a top ranking in the category of Crime (which includes Driving Offence), the highest ranking that can achieved in the Chambers Guide.
The Legal 500 guide describes Kang & Co Solicitors as being “well adept at tailoring its resources to an individual case and investing heavily for the client. Legal advice is honest and the team always takes into consideration the views of the client.”
When Should You Obtain Pre-Charge Advice?
The earlier you seek and secure legal representation, the better. Obtaining legal advice at a very early stage in criminal litigation will substantially enhance the prospects of obtaining a successful outcome, this is because the foundation of the case has been carefully considered by an expert criminal defence lawyer. If you decide to appoint our lawyers on a private fee-paying basis, we can provide you with a tailored pre-charge package on a fixed fee.
The needs and requirements of each client are individual however, we are frequently appointed in relation to the following:
- Detailed initial advice before attending a Voluntary Police Station Interview
- Representation at a Voluntary Police Station Interview
- Ongoing advice following the Police Interview
- Detailed case strategy meetings with our Solicitors and Barristers
- Liaising on your behalf with the Police / CPS
- Drafting written representations to the Police / CPS
Advantages of Paying Privately for a Specialist Criminal Defence Lawyer
- Expertise: There are very limited number of law firms throughout the country that only accept criminal cases on a private fee-paying basis, these lawyers will usually only accept such cases because they possess superior legal knowledge and expertise.
- Communication: Paying for legal representation privately will usually result in better and more frequent communication with your Solicitor and Barrister. Lawyers paid privately will usually respond to e-mails and phone calls quickly.
- Preparation: The amount of time a lawyer spends preparing a case and considering the evidence will have an impact upon the result. Paying privately will ensure that the lawyer can spend enough time on case preparation, which will have a positive impact on the overall outcome of the case. We prepare thoroughly for each case.
- Service: Clients that instruct lawyers via private funds will receive a substantially better service than those using legal aid.
- Quality: The overall quality of legal representation from private client solicitors is significantly superior.
- Consistency: We provide all our clients with consistency and continuity, the lawyer dealing with your case will be the same person from start to finish.
Our Agreed Fees for Private Crime cases start from;
£2,500 + VAT
We represent the full range of clients from ordinary people, through to high-net worth individuals, business owners, sports personalities and actors. We are instructed by individuals that are in a financial position to pay privately for legal representation and those that appreciate the benefits of doing this, as opposed to using public funding.
We have significant experience in successfully defending:
What our Clients Say
“I would have no hesitation in recommending Kang & Co Solicitors. They were so professional with a great personal touch.” – Mr D. Evans
“For personal service, security and efficiency I recommend Kang & Co. A complete service with the comfort of a clear and understandable process directed by high quality staff.” – M Clarke
“Superb service, very thorough. The best part of this practice is that Mr Kang took the time to get to know me and understand my situation. He is proactive and understands each case is different. would highly recommend the practice.” – Ben
“Great communication took me through everything I needed to know in detail. Got me the result I needed. Barrister assigned to me on the day did a great job. Thanks” – David
“Their approach has been a refreshing change: so professional focusing on the client and not themselves. They make the complex clear and concise and the team are supportive throughout. Thanks guys.” – Mac
Birmingham Head Office
1 Victoria Square
330 High Holborn
Milton Keynes Office
Milton Keynes, MK9 1BP