We offer various fees packages. A high quality personal service at a competitive price
If you are looking to appoint an experienced and skilled solicitor or barrister for your case, please call us on 0345 222 9955 for a No Obligation, Free Telephone Consultation or complete our Contact Form at the bottom of this page and one of our Qualified Lawyers will call you back to provide you with Free Preliminary Legal Advice. Our lawyers will assess the circumstances of your case and will also provide you with an indication as to the possible options available to you and will provide an accurate quotation for the cost of legal representation
Complete Fixed Fee Packages
Where possible we offer ‘Complete Fixed Fee Packages’ for Legal Representation, the fixed fee for each case is individual and dependent upon the type of case, the work involved and if applicable the location of the Magistrates’ or Crown Court.
Fixed Fee legal representation packages are available for Driving Offences, Transport Law, Criminal Law, Regulatory Law and Licensing Law.
Our ‘Complete Fixed Fee Packages’ include:
- Access to a Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- A Meeting with one of our lawyers at our Birmingham or London Office
- Full Case Preparation
- Full Legal Advice
- Representation at The Magistrates’ or Crown Court
- Our Travelling Expenses
Our Fixed Fee Packages for Driving Offence cases, which includes representation at one Magistrates’ Court Hearing range from £1,000+VAT up to £3,000+VAT. The fixed fee agreed by our lawyers is based upon the number of offences you are being prosecuted for, the type of offence, the seriousness of the offence and the time involved to prepare your case. If you would like to know the precise cost of representation for your case, please contact one of our lawyers.
Recover Your Legal Fees
For Driving Offences and Criminal Prosecutions, if you are found ‘Not Guilty’ or the Prosecution decide to discontinue the case against you, you may be entitled to recover a proportion of your legal fees from Court Central Funds. If you would like more information on recovering your legal fees, please call one of our solicitors on 0345 222 9955.
We accept payment via BACS, Online Transfer, Credit Card, Debit Card, VISA, Maestro, MasterCard, VISA Electron and American Express.
As a specialist, high-end National Law Firm with offices in Birmingham and Central London which has built a strong reputation on providing bespoke legal representation for professionals, business clients and corporations for many years, we do not undertake legal services on a Public Funded (Legal Aid) basis.
Fixed Fees for Summary Only Motoring Offences
Our fees for ‘Summary Only’ Motoring Offences such as Speeding, Drink Driving, Careless Driving, Exceptional Hardship Applications and Totting-Up Driving Bans our fees range from £1,000+VAT up to £3,000+VAT. The fixed fee agreed by our lawyers is based upon the number of offences you are being prosecuted for, the type of offence, the seriousness of the offence and the time involved to prepare your case. If you would like to know the precise cost of representation for your case, please contact one of our lawyers.
If we are instructed at short notice, and only have several days to prepare your case before the First Magistrates’ Court Hearing, the fixed fee will be higher, to reflect the fact that your case will be treated as a priority. If you have received a Court Summons for a driving offence, you should appoint us as soon as possible as this will provide us with several weeks to prepare your case and will not result in a higher fixed fee.
The precise ‘Fixed Fee’ for a Summary Only Motoring Offence will depend upon:
- The Location of the Magistrates’ Court
- Whether there are additional Driving Offences on the Charge Sheet / Postal Requisition
- The Specific Motoring Offence
- When we are appointed to represent you for your Driving Offence
Included Within the Motoring Offence Fixed Fee
Once a Fixed Fee has been provided for your Summary Only Motoring Offence, based upon the specific driving offence and the location of the Magistrates’ Court it will include the following:
- One telephone conference (meeting) or One conference in person at 1 Victoria Square, Birmingham
- Liaising with you via e-mail / telephone
- Considering the evidence in your case
- Taking your instructions (your version of events)
- Advice on the appropriate law
- Advice on any potential defence
- Advice on how you should plead i.e. Guilty or Not Guilty
- Advice on likely sentence
- Advice on the likelihood of being found Not Guilty
- Confirming all advice in writing
- Liaising on your behalf with the Court
- Liaising on your behalf with the CPS / Police
- Advice on Court procedure
- Where appropriate, advice on whether an exceptional hardship, or special reasons argument should be made
- Our travelling time to and from the Magistrates’ Court
- Our travelling costs to and from the Magistrates’ Court
- Attending you in a meeting immediately before the Court Hearing
- A Solicitor or Barrister representing you at one Magistrates’ Court Hearing
- Advancing oral mitigation to the Court on your behalf
- Attending you in a short conference (meeting) following your Court Hearing
- Confirming the outcome of the Court Hearing in writing
- Advice on sentence
- Advice on appeal against sentence
Not Included Within the Motoring Offence Fixed Fee
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Instructing a specific solicitor or barrister of your choice to represent you at the Magistrates’ Court
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Assistance in relation to any appeal
- Meetings at your home or work location
- Representation at additional Court Hearings
- Additional meetings at our Birmingham or London Office
Face-to-Face Meeting and Telephone Meetings
Where possible we prefer to meet all our clients in person at our Birmingham Office however, if due to timescales or availability a face-to-face meeting is not able to take place, we will conduct a telephone conference (telephone meeting) instead of a meeting in person. There is no additional cost for a meeting in person, if a telephone meeting takes place this will be instead of a meeting in person.
Hourly Rate for Driving Offences
Our lawyers can also be instructed on an hourly rate basis for Summary Only Driving Offences. Because all our lawyers are highly skilled and qualified solicitors or barristers, our hourly rate for motoring offences is set at £250+VAT. We typically dedicate 8 to 10 hours of time to each motoring offence case.
If you choose to appoint us to represent you for a Summary Only Motoring Offence on a Fixed Fee basis, this includes representation at one Magistrates’ Court Hearing. If your case is not concluded within the First Hearing, due to the case being adjourned by the Court, or not concluding for any other reason, an additional fee will need to be paid if you require us to represent you at the second Magistrates’ Court Hearing. This additional fee will depend upon the offence you are being prosecuted for, the location of the Magistrates’ Court and the complexity of your case. Our lawyers will explain the cost of this from the outset.
There will also be additional cost if you would like to have more than one meeting in person or telephone meeting. Additional meetings in person or telephone meetings are charged at £500+VAT.
If you are unable to attend our office in Birmingham and would like to have a meeting in person at your home or place of work instead of a telephone meeting, this will attract an additional cost. The cost of home / work place visits varies and will take account of our travelling time, the length of the meeting and our travel expenses.
As part of the fixed fee for Motoring Offences, we will attend the Magistrates’ Court on the day and meet with you before the commencement of your Court Hearing. We anticipate being at Court for half a day however, if we are at Court for the entire day, you will not be required to pay any additional legal fees due to our lawyers being at Court for the full day. We cannot provide a timescale of exactly when your hearing will take place, as this depends on how busy the Court is on that day.
Our team has over 40 years of collective experience in delivering high quality work in all matters relating to Driving Offences.
We are instructed by clients throughout England and Wales however, as a Birmingham based law firm, we are frequently instructed by clients living or working in Birmingham, London, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Nuneaton, Solihull, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Leamington Spa, Oxfordshire, Lichfield, Cannock and Sutton Coldfield
Request A Callback or Email from a Kang & Co Solicitor
Do you require a solicitor? Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. Use our quick contact form below and a member of our experienced and professional team of solicitors will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements and your options.