A high quality bespoke service at a competitive price.
If you are looking to appoint an experienced and skilled solicitor or barrister for your legal issue, please call us on 0345 222 9955 for a no obligation telephone conversation or complete our Contact Form at the bottom of this page and one of our Qualified Lawyers will call you back to explain how we can assist you, and will explain the cost of legal advice and representation.
Agreed Fee Packages
Where possible, we offer ‘Agreed Fee Packages’ for legal advice and representation, the agreed fee for each case is individual and dependent upon the type of case, the amount of work involved and if applicable the location of the Magistrates’ or Crown Court.
Agreed Fee legal representation packages are available for Driving Offences, Transport Law, Criminal Law, Regulatory Law and Licensing Law.
Our ‘Agreed Fee Packages’ are all bespoke however, they will usually include:
- Access to a Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- A Meeting with one of our lawyers at our Birmingham, London or Milton Keynes office.
- Full Case Preparation
- Full Legal Advice
- Representation at The Magistrates’ or Crown Court
- Our Travelling Expenses
Our Agreed Fee Packages for Motoring Offence cases, which includes representation at one Magistrates’ Court Hearing range from £1,000+VAT up to £3,000+VAT. The fee agreed by our lawyers is based upon the number of offences you are being prosecuted for, the type of offence, the seriousness of the offence and the time involved to prepare your case. If you would like to know the precise cost of representation for your case, please contact one of our lawyers.
Recover Your Legal Fees
For Driving Offences and Criminal Prosecutions, if you are found ‘Not Guilty’ or the Prosecution decide to discontinue the case against you, you may be entitled to recover a proportion of your legal fees from Court Central Funds if the Court makes a Defence Costs Order, therefore defending your case may not cost as much as you initially anticipated. If you would like more information on recovering your legal fees, please call one of our solicitors on 0345 222 9955.
We accept payment via BACS, Online Transfer, Credit Card, Debit Card, VISA, Maestro, MasterCard, VISA Electron and American Express.
Legal Aid (Public Funding)
As a specialist, high-end National Law Firm which has built a strong reputation on providing high quality bespoke legal representation for professionals, business clients, public figures and corporations for many years, we do not undertake legal services on a Public Funded (Legal Aid) basis. If you require this type of funding, we recommend that you contact the Law Society of England & Wales and they should be able to provide you with the details of a law firm which may be able to assist you on a Public Funded basis.
Agreed Fees for Summary Only Motoring Offences
Our fees for ‘Summary Only’ Motoring Offences such as Speeding, Drink Driving, Careless Driving, Exceptional Hardship Applications and Totting-Up Driving Bans range from £1,000 + VAT up to £3,000 + VAT. The fee agreed by our lawyers is based upon the number of offences you are being prosecuted for, the type of offence, the seriousness of the offence and the time involved to prepare your case. If you would like to know the precise cost of representation for your specific case, please contact one of our Solicitors or Barristers.
If we are instructed at short notice, and only have a few days to prepare your case before the First Magistrates’ Court Hearing, the fee will be higher, to reflect the fact that your case will be treated as a priority. If you have received a Court Summons for a motoring offence, you should appoint us as soon as possible as this will provide us with enough time to prepare your case and will not result in a higher agreed fee.
The precise ‘Agreed Fee’ for a Summary Only Motoring Prosecution will depend upon:
- The Location of the Magistrates’ Court
- Whether there are additional Driving Offences on the Charge Sheet / Postal Requisition
- The Specific Motoring Offence
- When we are appointed to represent you for your Driving Offence
Included Within the Motoring Offence Agreed Fee
Once an Agreed Fee has been provided to you for your Summary Only Motoring Offence, it will usually include:
- 1 telephone meeting or 1 meeting in person at our offices
- Liaising with you via e-mail / telephone
- Considering the evidence in your case
- Taking your instructions (your version of events)
- Advice on the appropriate law
- Advice on any potential defence
- Advice on how you should plead i.e. Guilty or Not Guilty
- Advice on likely sentence
- Advice on the likelihood of being found Not Guilty
- Confirming all advice in writing
- Liaising on your behalf with the Court
- Liaising on your behalf with the CPS / Police
- Advice on Court procedure
- Where appropriate, advice on whether an exceptional hardship, or special reasons argument should be made
- Our travelling time to and from the Magistrates’ Court
- Our travelling costs to and from the Magistrates’ Court
- Attending you in a short meeting immediately before the Court Hearing
- A Qualified Solicitor or Barrister representing you at 1 Magistrates’ Court Hearing
- Advancing oral mitigation to the Court on your behalf (if applicable)
- Attending you in a short meeting following your Court Hearing
- Confirming the outcome of the Court Hearing in writing
- Advice on sentence
- Advice on appeal against sentence
Not Included Within the Motoring Offence Agreed Fee
- Expert Reports (e.g. Medical Expert Reports)
- Expert Fees
- Drafting instructions to an Expert (e.g. Medical Expert)
- Appointing a specific Solicitor or Barrister
- Additional Case Meetings
- Case meetings at your place of work or home
- Representation at additional Court Hearings
- Trial Preparation
- Representation at Trial
- Working on your case outside our normal business hours
- Case meetings outside our normal business hours
Face-to-Face Meeting and Telephone Meetings
Where possible we prefer to meet all our clients in person at our offices however, if due to timescales or availability a face-to-face meeting is not able to take place, we will conduct a telephone meeting instead of a meeting in person. There is no additional cost for a meeting in person, if a telephone meeting takes place this will be instead of a meeting in person.
Hourly Rate for Driving Offences
Our lawyers can also be appointed on an hourly rate basis for Summary Only Driving Offences. Because all our lawyers are highly skilled and qualified solicitors or barristers, our hourly rate for motoring offences start from £250+VAT. We typically dedicate 8 to 10 hours of time to each motoring offence case.
As part of the agreed fee for Road Traffic Offences, we will attend the Magistrates’ Court on the day and meet with you before the commencement of your Court Hearing. We anticipate being at Court for half a day however, if we are at Court for the entire day, you will not be required to pay any additional legal fees due to our lawyers being at Court for the full day. We cannot provide a timescale of exactly when your hearing will take place, as this depends on how busy the Court is on that specific day.
If you choose to appoint us to represent you for a Summary Only Motoring Offence on an Agreed Fee basis, this includes representation at one Magistrates’ Court Hearing. If your case is not concluded within the First Hearing, due to the case being adjourned by the Court, or not concluding for any other reason, an additional fee will need to be paid if you would like us to represent you at the second Magistrates’ Court Hearing. This additional fee will depend upon the offence you are being prosecuted for, the location of the Magistrates’ Court and the complexity of your case. Our lawyers will explain the cost of this from the outset.
There will also be additional costs if you would like to have more than one meeting in person or telephone meeting. Additional meetings in person or telephone meetings are charged at £500+VAT.
If you are unable to attend our offices and would like to have a meeting in person at your home or place of work instead of a telephone meeting, this will attract an additional cost. The cost of home / work place visits varies and will take account of our travelling time, the length of the meeting and our travel expenses.
Our team has over 50 years of collective experience in delivering high quality work in matters relating to Driving Offences.
We are instructed by clients throughout England and Wales however, as our Head Office is in Birmingham, we are frequently instructed by clients living or working in Birmingham, London, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Nuneaton, Solihull, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Leamington Spa, Oxfordshire, Lichfield, Cannock, Northampton, Milton Keynes and Sutton Coldfield.
Request A Callback or Email from a Kang & Co Solicitor
Do you require a solicitor? Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. Use our quick contact form below and a member of our experienced and professional team of solicitors will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements and your options.